TEACHING & RESIDENCIES
Nichole Canuso brings 15 years experience teaching in a range of settings including High Schools, Universities and Community Centers. Courses range from Improvisation work, Technique Classes and Workshops to Generating and Developing movement vocabulary. Canuso has been commissioned to create new works for students at Bryn Mawr College, Drexel University, and Temple University.
In addition to performance, members of NCDC are available for a variety of educational and audience building sessions. To set up any of the following, please contact Yvonne Lung, Company Manager at email@example.com.
Short biography of workshops, repertoire, and new choreographies taught by director, Nichole Canuso:
- Current Faculty member at Pig Iron School for Advanced Performance Training (APT) 2012 – present
- Current Faculty member at Headlong Performance Institute (HPI) 2014 – present
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania 2010: Students incorporated – alongside NCDC ensemble – into the performances of Wandering Alice.
- Temple University (PA) 2010: Ensemble Course, creating new work for the students
- BrynMawr College (PA) 2007/2008: Ensemble Course, creating new work for the dance students
- Drexel University (PA) 2007: New Work created on the Dance Ensemble
- Dance Theatre Camp 2007: Free Workshop “Performance of Choice” for professional dancers and actors
- Austin (TX) 2006: Contact Improvisation for all levels
- Lawrenceville High School (NJ) 2006-2008: Dance As Art; Dance Technique; Dance Composition; Dance Improvisation; Set New work on the students.
- University of the Arts 2000-2001: Movement for Actors